Why offer to serve as a School Trustee?
- An excellent public education system is critical to our collective well-being and that of future generations. Our children were educated here and are starting their families. I want to ensure my family and yours benefit from a great education system.
- I've learned a great deal during my first two terms and have more work
- advocating for additional education funding and a better co governance relationship with the province
- advocating for the capital resources to respond to significant student enrollment growth
- participating in the implementation of the District's Strategic Plan
- completing and implementing the District's 10 year facilities plan update
- continuing the development and updating of important policies like the use of technology and social media, safe and caring schools, financial management, etc.
- As a retiree I am able to devote the necessary time to the role.
- I have proven local government and Board of Education experience and strong community connections.